Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome Home, Elder Kendrick!!

Two years... are you kidding? I still don't understand how two years flew by so fast. Some days were longer than others but for the most part it FLEW by. I tell John all the time that it doesn't even feel like he was gone for two years. I mean, come on, two years is a LONG time and I basically blinked and it was over.

I had a lot of great experiences while John was gone.. I was able to get my associates degree, got a dental assisting certificate, lived in Kansas for 3 months with my brother, sister in-law, and adorable nephews, got my first "big girl job", strengthened my testimony and realized how crazy I truly was about John.

After two phone calls a year (mother's day and christmas), hundreds of emails and probably even more letters, it was time to prepare for John to come home. What a crazy emotional month I had preparing for this. I never had any doubts that everything between me and John would work out, but we were about to see each other for the first time in TWO YEARS. June 18th came quick. I had to work for part of the day.. but let's be honest, I don't think I really worked. I was SO anxious. I got off work, met my friends at my house, freshened up and we headed to the airport. John's flight was a little bit late and then we waited.. and waited... and waited.. I swear we were at the airport for HOURS.


There he was. This was the moment I had been waiting for.. my handsome boyfriend was headed down the escalator and he was beaming! 
I melted. Do you blame me? Just look at him :)

As soon as we made eye contact a wave of relief came over me. I just knew. Nothing had changed. We were still crazy about each other. I waited for him to hug all of his family members and then it was my turn. We hugged. We took a picture and then it was time to head out. I remember getting back in to my car and just losing it. All of my emotions just came out. He was FINALLY home. It's over. We can finally move forward with out relationship. It was the best two years and I literally would not do anything different even if I could. We both grew so much and being apart just made us realize how much we love each other. 


We all headed over to his house for dinner. I remember every time we would catch eye contact, or he would put his hand on my leg my stomach would just go crazy. It was so natural.. but it was so exciting again. Like it was when we first started dating. 




Was it hard? Of course.
Was it worth it?
ABSOLUTELY.






No comments:

Post a Comment