Wednesday, July 30, 2014

2 years apart..

As far as I know, John always planned on going on a mission. We never really talked about it.. it was just something we always planned on. We were lucky enough to go to a year at Weber State together and the mission snuck up on us pretty quick.

John got his mission call to the Washington Kennewick mission in March of 2011 and would be leaving July of that year. The last few months together flew by and before we knew it, it was time for him to leave for two years. Believe it or not, when we said goodbye it wasn't even close to as hard as I thought it would be. This was just another step to us being together forever. That made it easier.
The last date we went on before he left. We went to cheesecake factory and then hiked up ensign peak. We were having a really hard time getting a picture of the two of us when this nice man walked up with his professional camera and asked if we wanted a picture. He took this beauty and emailed it to me later that night. I guess we were just in the right place at the right time. I cherished this picture the whole two years John was gone. 

This was our last picture together, in fact it's us saying goodbye before he was set apart as a missionary. Luckily my friends Leah and Marisa happened to stop by and they captured this moment for us.


I got Dodger a week before John left. He was my little buddy and kept me company. Look how adorable he was when he was a puppy? 



Two years flew by like you wouldn't believe... i'm going to save the homecoming for another post. It will be worth it :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment