Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 12, 2013



John and I changed our wedding date probably six times before it was final. September 12 worked best because my brother Josh and his family would be in town from Kansas to run a race in Saint George that weekend.. I was not going to have my wedding without them there! It came so fast, although, that was completely expected seeing how our engagement was barely over a month. We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple at 11:40 AM surrounded by our family and our closest friends. It was beautiful, the morning could not have gone any smoother. As we were waiting at the bottom of the stairs to exit the temple all of the sudden I could see everyone's umbrellas go up. It started POURING. But the rain didn't even phase us. We were SO happy.. (sorry to all of our guests who had to stand in the rain and take pictures with us.. but thank you for doing it!) It rained the entire time we were taking pictures outside of the temple. As soon as we were done it, of course, cleared right up. 











 We headed straight up to the reception center. My mom and I made all of the decorations for the reception and I turned in to a bit of a control freak when it came to how everything was set up. Thankfully we had help from some friends and it turned out beautiful. I couldn't have imagined it any other way. Our day was perfect. It seems like it was over in just the blink of an eye! 




The rain brought us a double rainbow.. It was beautiful. 

My sister-in-law Joni made our wedding cake. She totally rocked it!




* Huge shout out to our photographer Annie Duckworth @ V-Photography. She's the bomb!


No comments:

Post a Comment