Thursday, September 25, 2014

Anniversary Weekend

Our original plans for our Anniversary were made back in November of last year when I found out that One Direction was going to be playing at the Rose Bowl on our 1 year anniversary. I mean come on.. Seeing One Direction was the perfect anniversary present for me :) Maybe not so much for John but I was stoked and bought tickets just minutes after they went on sale! 
After a few months had passed we discovered there were going to be some events that were going to interfere with our plans so we made the decision to sell our concert tickets to my mom to give to McKayla. Well... those plans fell through and since my mom and John didn't care to go to the concert we decided we would all go to California and make a trip out of it! Wahoo! But this meant that the night of our first year anniversary I would be spending with McKayla and John would be spending with my mom.
Since we wouldn't be able to spend our actual anniversary with just the two of us we decided to start our Anniversary weekend early by spending a night getting massages and staying at the anniversary inn.
The breakfast at Anniversary Inn is bomb.

The next morning we woke up and headed home to pack and get ready to fly to Cali with my mom and McKayla.

The first day John and I started out the morning having an anniversary date at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast. The rest of the day was spent by the pool and just relaxing since McKayla and I had a huge night ahead of us! I think I was more excited for this concert than McKayla was. We left my mom and John in Old Pasadena and we headed to the Rose Bowl on a shuttle with lots of excited girls! We even saw a group of girls crying from excitement on the shuttle.. I could tell McKayla was a little shocked that these girls were THAT excited for the concert.

I didn't realize how huge this venue was until we got inside. I have been fortunate enough that I have attended many concerts in my lifetime but I have to say One Direction was my favorite so far. They put on such a fun show and it was just a crazy fun environment. I'm pretty certain I enjoyed it more than McKayla and i'm not even ashamed to admit it!


Our last day was spent in Disneyland. John hadn't been since he was 8 years old so it was practically his first time again. It was a lot of fun. I love being married.. it makes these memories even more special for me.


Yes. I wore my One Direction shirt PROUDLY... along with all the pre-teen girls at Disneyland that day.





Next time you go to Disneyland and you're celebrating something get a button and show it off! It was so much fun having Disney employees wish us a Happy Anniversary everywhere we went!

We had such a fun anniversary. I can't wait to celebrate again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment